The MTSU Office of Alumni Relations is seeking applicants
for an administrative graduate assistant for the 2014-2015 academic year.
Official Title: Graduate Assistant (GA , MTSU Alumni Relations)
Appointment Status: Twelve-month appt., (20hrs/week)
Department: Office of Alumni Relations within the Division of University Advancement
Location: MTSU campus, Alumni House
Primarily assist with planning, organizing and implementation of
new student organization (Student Alumni Association) and assisting with the Student Ambassador program.
Additionally, assisting the Alumni Relations team in executing alumni events and programs.
Associate Director of Alumni Relations
Applicants must possess a Bachelor's Degree and be actively pursuing a Master’s degree in
Higher Education, Business Administration, or Mass Communication from Middle Tennessee State University.
Overall Grade Point Average (GPA):
Whether undergraduate or graduate, must be at least 3.0
- Position requires excellent public speaking skills, organizational, leadership and time management skills.
- Applicant must be available to work evenings and weekends
- Social media experience preferred
- Primary responsibility includes assisting with the creating and launching of a new Student Organization
- Additional responsibilities include assisting staff with coordination of student events; tracking students;
communicating with students including various forms of social media.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, a resume, and two reference letters by e-mail to
Ginger.Freeman@mtsu.edu or the address below:
MTSU Office of Alumni Relations
Attention: Ginger Freeman
Murfreesboro, TN 37132
Application Deadline: June 30, 2014
For further inquiries about the position contact Ginger Freeman 615-898-2922 or Ginger.Freeman@mtsu.edu
or Michelle Stepp at Michelle.Stepp@mtsu.edu.
MTSU, a Tennessee Board of Regents university, is an equal opportunity, non-racially identifiable, educational institution that does not discriminate against individuals with disabilities.